The Android 4.4.2 KitKat update is available via firmware upgrade for the international GT-N7100 variant of the Samsung Galaxy Note 2, about a month after we saw its first leak.
The update is available via Kies in France, with and OTA update soon to follow. Details courtesy of SamMobile are as follows:
- Model: GT-N7100
- Model name: GALAXY Note II
- Country: France
- Version: Android 4.4.2
- Changelist: 1280411
- Build date: Tue, 08 Apr 2014 17:52:29 +0000
- Product Code: XEF
- PDA: N7100XXUFND3
- CSC: N7100OXAFND3
- MODEM: N7100XXUFND3
If you can't wait for the OTA to roll out to your international variant, these are the basic steps to getting it right away.
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file to your Windows PC
- Download Odin v3.09
- Extract the Odin zip and open Odin
- Reboot phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Home + Power + Volume Down buttons
- Connect phone to PC and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add the firmware file to the AP/PDA section
- Make sure re-partition is not ticked
- Click the start button, sit back and wait a few minutes
The process will take about eight minutes, and another five or so for the first reboot. Afterwards, if you notice that some of your apps are missing, wait a few more minutes, or reboot your device.
If you're not interested in going the manual route, an over-the-air update should hit your international Note 2 in the next few days to a week, as staged rollouts have become standard practice.
Want to help support Gadget Hacks and get a great deal on some sweet new tech? Check out all the deals on the new Gadget Hacks Shop.